Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Bridie & Bert Ltd is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Bridie & Bert Ltd complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide you with the information you have requested;
- To administer membership/subscription records;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To inform you of news, events, activities and offers.
- To use your details for our marketing, promotions and purchasing.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and offers.
Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to employment, social security or social protection law, purchasing, or a collective agreement;
There is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Business in order to carry out a service that has been requested or part of your package. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the business with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Up to 6 years and then reviewed if required to keep longer.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Bridie & Bert Ltd holds about you;
- The right to request that Bridie & Bert Ltd corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Bridie & Bert Ltd to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
All emails sent by us will be clearly marked as originating from us. All such emails will also include clear instructions on how unsubscribe from our email service and any future emails. Such instructions will either include a link to a page to unsubscribe or a valid email address to which you should reply, with “unsubscribe” as the email subject heading.
In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, we never send bulk unsolicited emails, (popularly known as Spam) to email addresses.
We may send emails to existing customers or prospective customers who have enquired or registered with us, regarding products or services directly provided by us.
For administrative reasons data may be passed to and stored securely with third party service providers located outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
We regularly email website news and information updates to those customers who have specifically subscribed to our email service. All subscription emails sent by us contain clear information on how to unsubscribe from our email service.
We never sell, rent or exchange mailing lists.
Data Shared With Partners
We may however share commercial and technical data with our partners where a customer has accessed and used our website via a site belonging to one of our partners. However, such information will also be subject to our partners’ privacy policies.
If you subscribe to our email service via a partner site, that partner may wish to send you details via email of other products and services, which may be of interest to you. However when you subscribe directly to our email service you will be asked whether or not you wish to receive such emails.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact Bridie & Bert Ltd using the email address email@example.com
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
This website is owned and operated by:
Bridie & Bert Ltd, Newbury, Hants, RG20 9XN
Registered in Hollington Farm, Hollington, Newbury, Hants, RG20 9XN
Registered in England under company registration number: 13083599
VAT Registration Number: 371868853